God’s Promises To Abram
(2) And from you I will make a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, and you shall be a blessing.
(3) I will bless those that bless you, and curse him who curses you. In you all families of the earth shall be blessed."
(4) So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken to him, and Lot went with him. Abram was 75 years old when he departed from Haran.
(5) Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother’s son, and all their possessions that they had gathered, and the people that they had gotten in Haran, and they went forth to go to the land of Canaan, and to the land of Canaan they went.
Abram Builds An Altar unto the LORD
(9) And Abram journeyed on toward the south.
Abram Goes to Egypt
Abram and Sari Say Sari is His Sister
(16) And he treated Abram well for her sake. He had sheep, oxen, male donkeys, menservants, maidservants, female donkeys, and camels.
The LORD Plagues Pharaoh Because of Sarai
(17) The LORD plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai, Abram’s wife.
(18) And Pharaoh called Abram, and said, "What is this that you have done to me? Why did you not tell me that she was your wife?
(19) Why did you say, 'She is my sister?' I might have taken her to be my wife. Now, take your wife and go on your way."
(20) Pharaoh commanded his men concerning him, and they sent him away with his wife and all that he had.