Abram Was Very Rich
(1) Abram went up out from Egypt, he, his wife, and all that he had. Lot went with him to the south.
(2) Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold.
(4) to the place where Abram made the altar at first and called on the name of the LORD.
(5) And Lot, who went with Abram, also had flocks, and herds, and tents.
Land Was Not Able to Bear Abram’s and Lot’s Animals
(7) There was strife between the herdsmen of Abram’s cattle and the herdsmen of Lot’s cattle. The Canaanites and the Perizzites then dwelled in the land.
Abram and Lot Agree to Separate
(10) And Lot lifted up his eyes and beheld that all the plain of Jordan was well watered everywhere, before the LORD destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, like the garden of the LORD, like the land of Egypt, as you go toward Zoar.
(11) Then Lot chose for himself all the plain of Jordan, and Lot journeyed east. And they separated themselves the one from the other.
Abram Dwelled in Canaan, Lot Toward Sodom
(12) Abram dwelt in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelt in the cities of the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom.
(13) But the men of Sodom were exceedingly wicked and sinners before the LORD.
(14) And the LORD said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him, "Now lift up your eyes, and look from the place where you are northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward.
God Promises Abram All the Land He Can See
(16) And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth, so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants could also be numbered.
(17) Arise, walk through the length and the breadth of the land, for I will give it to you."
(18) Then Abram moved his tent, and went and dwelt in the plain of Mamre, which is in Hebron, and built there an altar to the LORD.