War of the Four Kings
(1) And it came to pass in the days of Amraphel king of Shinar, Arioch king of Ellasar, Chedorlaomer king of Elam, and Tidal king of nations,
(2) that these kings made war with Bera king of Sodom, Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah, Shemeber king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela, which is Zoar.
(4) For 12 years they served Chedorlaomer, and in the 13th year they rebelled.
(6) and the Horites in their mount Seir, to Elparan, which is by the wilderness.
(9) against Chedorlaomer the king of Elam, Tidal king of nations, Amraphel king of Shinar, and Arioch king of Ellasar—four kings against five.
Sodom and Gomorrah Fall to the Four Kings
Lot Taken by the Four Kings
Abram Rescues Lot
(14) When Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his 318 trained servants, who were born in his own house, and pursued them to Dan.
(15) He divided himself and his servants against them by night, and attacked them, and pursued them to Hobah, which is on the left hand of Damascus.
(16) He brought back all the goods, his brother Lot with his goods, and the women and the people.
(17) And the king of Sodom went out to meet him, and the kings that were with him, after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer at the Valley of Shaveh, which is the King’s Valley.
Melchizedek Blesses Abram
(18) And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was the priest of the most high God.
(19) And he blessed him, and said, "Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth.
(20) And blessed be the most high God, who has delivered your enemies into your hand." And he gave him tithes of all.
Abram Refuses the Goods of Sodom
(21) And the king of Sodom said to Abram, "Give me the people, and take the goods for yourself."
(22) Abram said to the king of Sodom, "I have lifted up my hand to the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,
(23) that I will not take anything from a thread to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take anything that is yours, lest you should say, 'I have made Abram rich,'