Tower of Babel
(2) And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar, and they dwelt there.
(5) And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men had built.
(6) The LORD said, "Behold, the people are one, and they all have one language, and this is what they have begun to do. Now nothing which they have imagined to do will be restrained from them.
(9) Therefore, its name is called Babel, because there the LORD confused the language of all the earth. From there, the LORD scattered them abroad over all the face of the earth.
Genealogy from Shem to Abram
Genealogy of Terah Including Abram
(29) Abram and Nahor took wives for themselves. The name of Abram’s wife was Sarai, and the name of Nahor’s wife was Milcah, the daughter of Haran, the father of Milcah and Iscah.
30 But Sarai was barren; she had no child.
(31) Terah took his son Abram, and his grandson Lot, the son of Haran, and his daughter in law Sarai, his son Abram’s wife, and they went forth from Ur of the Chaldees, to go to the land of Canaan, and when they came to Haran, they dwelt there.
(32) The days of Terah were 205 years, and Terah died in Haran.