God Changes Abram’s Name To Abraham
(1) When Abram was 99 years old, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said to him, "I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be perfect.
(2) And I will make my covenant between me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly."
(3) And Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying,
(4) "As for me, behold, my covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations.
(5) Neither shall your name be Abram anymore, but your name shall be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations.
(6) I will make you exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations from you, and kings shall come from you.
(7) And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your descendants after you in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you, and to your descendants after you.
(8) And I will give to you, and to your descendants after you, the land wherein you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession, and I will be their God."
(9) Then God said to Abraham, "You shall keep my covenant therefore, you, and your descendants after you throughout their generations.
Every Male Child Shall Be Circumcised
(10) This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your descendants after you. Every male child among you shall be circumcised.
(11) You shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you.
(12) He that is eight days old among you shall be circumcised, every male child in your generations, he that is born in your house, or bought with money of any stranger, who is not of your descendants.
(13) He that is born in your house, and he that is bought with your money, must be circumcised. My covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
(14) And the uncircumcised male child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people. He has broken my covenant."
God Changes Sari’s Name To Sarah
(15) And God said to Abraham, "As for Sarai your wife, you shall not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall be her name.
(16) And I will bless her, and give you a son by her. Indeed, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall come from her.
(17) Then Abraham fell on his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, "Shall a child be born to him that is 100 years old? And shall Sarah, that is 90 years old, give birth?"
(18) And Abraham said to God, "O that Ishmael might live before you!"
God Promises Abraham a Son by Sarah
(19) And God said, "Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him.
(20) As for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall father twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation.
(21) But I will establish my covenant with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year."
(22) When he had finished talking with him, God went up from Abraham.
Abraham Circumcised Every Male in His House
(23) Then Abraham took Ishmael his son, and all that were born in his house, and all that were bought with his money, every male among the men of Abraham’s house, and circumcised the flesh of their foreskin in the very same day, as God had said to him.
(24) Abraham was 99 years old when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.
(25) And Ishmael his son was 13 years old, when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.
(26) In the very same day Abraham and Ishmael his son were circumcised.
(27) And all the men of his house, born in the house, and bought with money from a stranger, were circumcised with him.