God Defines Order Between Man and Animals
(1) God blessed Noah and his sons, and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth.
(2) And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be on every beast of the earth, and on every bird of the air, on all that moves on the earth, and on all the fish of the sea. They are delivered into your hand.
(3) Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. Just as I gave you the green herb, I now give you all things.
Man Is Not to Eat Blood
(4) But YOU shall not eat flesh with its life, which is the blood.
(5) Surely, the blood of your life I will require. At the hand of every beast I will require it, and at the hand of man. At the hand of every man’s brother I will require the life of man.
(6) Whoever sheds man’s blood, by man shall his blood be shed. For God made man in his own image.
(7) And YOU, be fruitful, multiply and bring forth abundantly on the earth, and multiply on it."
God’s Covenant Not to Flood the Earth Again
(8) God spoke to Noah and to his sons with him, saying,
(11) I will establish my covenant with you. Neither shall all flesh be cut off again by floodwaters, nor shall there ever be a flood that destroys the earth again.
Rainbow as a Token of God’s Covenent
(15) And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. The waters will never again be used to destroy all flesh in a flood.
Noah Becomes Drunk With Wine
Ham Sees Noah Naked
(23) Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it on both their shoulders, and walked backward and covered their naked father. Their faces were backward, so they did not see their father naked.
(24) Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done to him.