Cain and Abel
(2) Then she gave birth again to his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
(3) In the process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought an offering to the LORD from the fruit of the ground.
(6) And the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? and why has your countenance fallen?
(7) If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And it desires you, and you shall rule over it."
Cain Kills Abel
(9) And the LORD said to Cain, "Where is Abel your brother?" And he said, "I do not know. Am I my brother’s keeper?"
(10) The LORD said, "What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood cries to me from the ground.
(11) And now you are cursed from the earth, which has opened her mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand.
(12) When you till the ground, it will no longer yield its strength to you. While on the earth, you will be a fugitive and a vagabond."
(13) And Cain said unto the LORD, "My punishment is greater than I can bear."
(14) Behold, you have driven me out this day from the face of the earth, and I will be hidden from your face. I will be a fugitive and a vagabond while on the earth. It will come to pass that anyone that finds me will kill me.
(16) And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
(19) Lamech took two wives for himself. The name of one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah.
(21) And his brother’s name was Jubal. He was the father of all those who play the harp and flute.
(24) If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, then I shall be avenged seventy-sevenfold.”