1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Day 7 - God Rested
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
(3) And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it, because in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
(5) and every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew. For the LORD God had not sent rain upon the earth, and there was no man to till the ground.
6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
God Created Man and The Garden of Eden
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
(9) And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree to grow that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Four Rivers Out of Eden
(10) A river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it parted and became four rivers.
(12) And the gold of that land is good, and there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
(13) And the name of the second river is Gihon; it surrounds the whole land of Ethiopia.
(14) And the name of the third river is Hiddekel; it goes toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Tree of The Knowledge of Good and Evil
God Planned to Create Woman
Adam Named Every Living Creature
(19) And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every bird of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them. Whatever Adam called every living creature, that became the name of it.
God Created Woman
(21) And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept; and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh.
(22) With the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, he made a woman, and brought her unto the man.
(23) And Adam said, "This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."
(24) Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother, and cleave unto his wife; and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.